The new K-5 is on par or better than current full frame sensors in quite a few aspects from a technical standpoint. The dynamic range of 14.12 Ev at ISO 80 specifically tops all other cameras, which is one technical value I personally feel is important in a picture taking tool. So overall, I’d say Pentax is making a good showing with this new camera body even though it’s APS-C sized. There are not any other APS-C cameras to come close to the K-5, but it will be interesting to see scores from the Nikon D7000, which I expect to be lower.
- My Canon EOS M50 Hybrid Camera Settings
- Photoshoot in the Snow, Rain, and Wind
- Sony A7 Hands-On And Opinion
- Perseverance, Perspective, and Determination
- Photographer Meetups and Tough Memories
- Canon EOS R Hands-On And Opinion
- Nikon Z7 Hands-On and Opinion
- Canon EF-M 32mm f1.4 STM Lens | First Look & Hands-On Tests
- Whatever, I’m going all in on EF-M camera gear!
- Does the EF-M camera system have a future? (EOS M)