I just finished editing my first collaboration video titled “A Low Cost Camera Flash or Lens First?” It’s not live on Youtube for your viewing enjoyment. 🙂
This was one of my larger projects video wise. We shot the video portions on Sunday and I’ve been spending a good deal of time since then putting all of the pieces together.
Here is a simple work list:
– Extract the audio from the recorded clips and clean it up. I did a good deal of audio editing this time to remove unwanted background noise as well as equalising the voice levels. I also fixed a few words, but missed one where I said “TLL” instead of “TTL” …
– Post-process the sample photos in Adobe Photoshop and create all of the still frames that the video needed.
– Do voice over work for the result photo descriptions and clean the audio up too.
– Create additional graphics like the name bars that show up at the beginning of the video.
– Edit everything together and adding all of the text as overlays.
– Review the video and upload it. Turned out around 11 minutes and 500mb.
I bought a used Audio-Technica ATR-6550 on eBay and it arrived today. So look forward to (hopefully) an improvement in sound quality of my videos. The last section of this video was taken with the “new” microphone. I wanted something like a Rode videoMic, but I just don’t have that kind of cash. I think the Audio-Technica should be sufficient. I might even look into modifying it to improve shielding and such.