- Did you find some of my content enjoyable? Consider a donation to help further my photo work.
- Creator Sky Book
- [+]Convention Photography
- Who is this for?
- What is convention photography?
- My experience and experiences
- Why be a part of this?
- Practice, practice, practice!
- Photography terms primer.
- It is important or not depending on your ideals
- A basic setup.
- Decide how you want to make it work.
- Framing and composition
- Full body shots.
- Portrait style.
- Skewed angles.
- Face in detail.
- Plane of focus.
- Rule of thirds and golden ratio
- Available light photography.
- Strobe photography.
- Removing harsh light.
- Flash brackets.
- Bokeh and blur maximization.
- Histogram reading and image review.
- Post processing.
- Various schools of thought.
- Available software on your OS of choice.
- Ideas on how to improve your processing.
- Business cards.
- Social networking.
- The process from start to finish.
- My equipment.
- Ask the person first.
- Interrupting people.
- Constrained areas.
- Physical activity.
- Help Support This Site
- Editing Tip: Using a game controller to review and cull photos.
- 2015 Botanic Gardens Cosplay
- June Starved Rock Photoshoot
- Motorcycle Model Photoshoots
- Anime Central 2015 Photos
- Getting photos organized into date specific folders.
- RedBull Battlegrounds Detroit 2014
- Anime Central 2014 Photos (ACEN)
- My Photoshop tips when editing cosplay photos.
- Anime Milwaukee 2014 Photos
Category Archives: Joking
I saw that Pentax Japan will be having more K-30 camera colors than the black, white, and blue we will get over here (again). http://www.pentax.jp/japan/products/k-30/color/index.html The color that stands out the most for me is the military green. It’s pretty appealing. The added bonus is that I could see it being the Master Chief’s camera of choice (main character from the popular HALO games)… Here is an image to illustrate … Continue reading
The Pentax K-r was discontinued recently, but before it goes off into the camera abyss of retired models… It is currently being offered at Walmart.com in a large number of colors they didn’t have in the USA before. Walmart shop link. Right now they have blue, brown, gold, green, dark blue, pink, purple, silver, and yellow. So what would a guy like with cameras like the black semi-pro K-5 and … Continue reading
I made a parody TV advertisement commercial for Pentax DSLR cameras. Why? I thought up the idea a few days ago and though it would be fun to make. Titled: “PENTAX CM もじり ペンタックス・コマーシャル” Check it out on Youtube (watch it in 720p): 冗談、けどPENTAXは素敵なカメラ物ですね。 www ビデオの日本語が悪い、ごめんなさい。 This is a parody video “CM” commercial with Pentax as the subject. My initial idea was a lot more involved, but this idea came after … Continue reading
A friend offered me a ticket to a local hockey game. I was initially really excited because I though I could get some great photos of the event. My excitement lessened a bit when I saw this on their website. Cameras, Video Cameras, Audio Recorders Cameras are permitted at Rockford IceHogs games. Cameras with lenses that are 3 or more inches in length are not allowed. Video cameras and audio … Continue reading