- Did you find some of my content enjoyable? Consider a donation to help further my photo work.
- It’s been a while! (Cosplay Photos)
- Editing Tip: Using a game controller to review and cull photos.
- 2015 Botanic Gardens Cosplay
- June Starved Rock Photoshoot
- Motorcycle Model Photoshoots
- Anime Central 2015 Photos
- Getting photos organized into date specific folders.
- RedBull Battlegrounds Detroit 2014
- Anime Central 2014 Photos (ACEN)
Category Archives: Nature
I recently finished acquiring all of the decided upon replacement gear after selling off my entire Pentax tool set. Although there were various reasons, the main was to go “full frame” with the Nikon D600 as my main camera (D7000 being my second). The D600 is lacking in some aspects such as maximum shutter and flash sync speeds, but besides that it is a very solid camera specification wise. The … Continue reading
You can see the entire gallery here (plus larger versions of the examples). I had checked the forecast a day or two before and noticed a moderate chance of showers. My decision was to use only the K-5 and DA* 55mm f1.4 lens. We ended up having some light showers once or twice while at the garden, so that decision worked out. I just kept using the camera as normal … Continue reading
A friend of mine set up a meetup at a local garden. We had initially intended to have this meetup focus on cosplay photography, but as things work out often in Rockford, only one cosplayer was able to make it. The largest issue being that most people in the convention scene live in the Chicago area. I’ll admit it is difficult sometimes making the 90 mile trip to the Chicago … Continue reading
A friend wanted to try out his new Sony NEX-5N camera, so we went out today to take some photos. I decided to go light and use the K-5 with FA 31mm f1.8 lens. That lens is one of the best lenses for most situations because the focal length equates to around 46mm on APS-C. Here are a few photos that I took: