- Did you find some of my content enjoyable? Consider a donation to help further my photo work.
- Creator Sky Book
- [+]Convention Photography
- Who is this for?
- What is convention photography?
- My experience and experiences
- Why be a part of this?
- Practice, practice, practice!
- Photography terms primer.
- It is important or not depending on your ideals
- A basic setup.
- Decide how you want to make it work.
- Framing and composition
- Full body shots.
- Portrait style.
- Skewed angles.
- Face in detail.
- Plane of focus.
- Rule of thirds and golden ratio
- Available light photography.
- Strobe photography.
- Removing harsh light.
- Flash brackets.
- Bokeh and blur maximization.
- Histogram reading and image review.
- Post processing.
- Various schools of thought.
- Available software on your OS of choice.
- Ideas on how to improve your processing.
- Business cards.
- Social networking.
- The process from start to finish.
- My equipment.
- Ask the person first.
- Interrupting people.
- Constrained areas.
- Physical activity.
- Help Support This Site
- Editing Tip: Using a game controller to review and cull photos.
- 2015 Botanic Gardens Cosplay
- June Starved Rock Photoshoot
- Motorcycle Model Photoshoots
- Anime Central 2015 Photos
- Getting photos organized into date specific folders.
- RedBull Battlegrounds Detroit 2014
- Anime Central 2014 Photos (ACEN)
- My Photoshop tips when editing cosplay photos.
- Anime Milwaukee 2014 Photos
Category Archives: Urban
Please view this linked article on cvfta.blogspot.com for my writing on the restaurant and Chinatown in general. Yesterday, I met up with a group of friends to visit Chicago’s Chinatown area of the city. This was the first time I had been there, so I was pretty curious about the place. I decided to bring along two cameras and a backpack. Specifically, the Nikon D7000 and Optio WG-II. I even … Continue reading
I’m a bit back logged on photo excursion postings. This one was at a local parked called Aldeen that has a few interesting water retention structures as well as some nice green space. I was using the Pentax K-5 and DA* 55mm f1.4 lens. It was around sunset, so eventually auto-focus became a big challenge. In addition to that, I was using a friend’s Yongnuo flash units and RF wireless … Continue reading
In my previous post I showed a few photos I had taken downtown after a photographer meetup. They were a few quick snapshots. A few days after that I went back downtown with a friend in the late night for a walk around the most interesting areas. Here is the complete set: http://gallery.photographybanzai.com/p235649339 A few highlight images: I was using the Pentax K-5 and DA 14mm f2.8 lens handheld. Setting … Continue reading