- Did you find some of my content enjoyable? Consider a donation to help further my photo work.
- Creator Sky Book
- [+]Convention Photography
- Who is this for?
- What is convention photography?
- My experience and experiences
- Why be a part of this?
- Practice, practice, practice!
- Photography terms primer.
- It is important or not depending on your ideals
- A basic setup.
- Decide how you want to make it work.
- Framing and composition
- Full body shots.
- Portrait style.
- Skewed angles.
- Face in detail.
- Plane of focus.
- Rule of thirds and golden ratio
- Available light photography.
- Strobe photography.
- Removing harsh light.
- Flash brackets.
- Bokeh and blur maximization.
- Histogram reading and image review.
- Post processing.
- Various schools of thought.
- Available software on your OS of choice.
- Ideas on how to improve your processing.
- Business cards.
- Social networking.
- The process from start to finish.
- My equipment.
- Ask the person first.
- Interrupting people.
- Constrained areas.
- Physical activity.
- Help Support This Site
- Editing Tip: Using a game controller to review and cull photos.
- 2015 Botanic Gardens Cosplay
- June Starved Rock Photoshoot
- Motorcycle Model Photoshoots
- Anime Central 2015 Photos
- Getting photos organized into date specific folders.
- RedBull Battlegrounds Detroit 2014
- Anime Central 2014 Photos (ACEN)
- My Photoshop tips when editing cosplay photos.
- Anime Milwaukee 2014 Photos
Category Archives: Reviews
I was able to have a brief hands on with the new Pentax K-30 camera body at Camera Craft Inc. in Rockford, Illinois. Here are a few photos of the camera: My overall impressions: – The camera feels a lot more solid than I expected it to be. Of course, the casing is all plastic, but it has a solid feel to it. From what I can recall from the … Continue reading
Quick access links: History Personal appeal. Youtube Video Review. Body design and control. Issues/Suggestions. Positives. Considering a switch to Pentax? ISO Examples. Conclusion. Technical Specifications. History The K-01 comes after the K-5 and K-r series of DSLRs. It was also proceeded by Pentax’s first mirrorless camera called the Q, however that camera was a completely new system. The K-01 appears to have a mixture of components from the K-5, and … Continue reading
Quick access links: History Personal appeal. Body design and control. Issues. Considering a switch to Pentax? K-5 ISO Examples. Conclusion. Technical Specifications. History: While the K-7 was being developed in between the Hoya acquisition, the K-5 was a full Hoya/Pentax product. It is unclear whether Hoya put any input in on the K-5, but the results probably speak for themselves. The K-5 is a revisionary upgrade with focused improvements on … Continue reading
A few years and over 22,000 actuations later, I put some time into reviewing the Pentax K-7 here on my website. Check it out! Youtube overview video (21 minutes): Jump to a review section: History Personal appeal Body design and control Issues How much better is the sensor in the K-5? Compared to the K20D Compared to the K-5 Is the camera worth looking into? Conclusion Technical Specifications History: The … Continue reading