- Did you find some of my content enjoyable? Consider a donation to help further my photo work.
- Editing Tip: Using a game controller to review and cull photos.
- 2015 Botanic Gardens Cosplay
- June Starved Rock Photoshoot
- Motorcycle Model Photoshoots
- Anime Central 2015 Photos
- Getting photos organized into date specific folders.
- RedBull Battlegrounds Detroit 2014
- Anime Central 2014 Photos (ACEN)
- My Photoshop tips when editing cosplay photos.
Category Archives: Technical & Testing
The rear dial on my K-7 has been having issues for quite a while. Scrolling left especially didn’t work properly. The aperture would jump around randomly and even cause the camera to temporarily lock up. After my successful modification of the K-01, I was feeling confident enough to take the K-7 apart to see if I could do something about it. In the past I tried the old trick of … Continue reading
Here is my previous article about the Pentax K-01 I recently got. The only one available locally was a demo unit with a yellow grip. I personally don’t like that shade of yellow and wouldn’t feel right using it in professional situations, but the deal was good and I couldn’t pass it up. I was able to acquire one of those fake K-01 display models to use as parts. If … Continue reading
I talk about camera flash communication methods (TTL vs E-TTL i-TTL p-TTL) as well as thyristor sensor based auto mode. Here is the Youtube video: Diagram for TTL and pre-flash based TTL methods: Standard TTL: This was the original method of flash power control. It happens as the film/sensor is being exposed to light. There is a dedicated sensor near the film that monitors the reflected light off of the … Continue reading
I made a parody TV advertisement commercial for Pentax DSLR cameras. Why? I thought up the idea a few days ago and though it would be fun to make. Titled: “PENTAX CM もじり ペンタックス・コマーシャル” Check it out on Youtube (watch it in 720p): 冗談、けどPENTAXは素敵なカメラ物ですね。 www ビデオの日本語が悪い、ごめんなさい。 This is a parody video “CM” commercial with Pentax as the subject. My initial idea was a lot more involved, but this idea came after … Continue reading