- Did you find some of my content enjoyable? Consider a donation to help further my photo work.
- Creator Sky Book
- [+]Convention Photography
- Who is this for?
- What is convention photography?
- My experience and experiences
- Why be a part of this?
- Practice, practice, practice!
- Photography terms primer.
- It is important or not depending on your ideals
- A basic setup.
- Decide how you want to make it work.
- Framing and composition
- Full body shots.
- Portrait style.
- Skewed angles.
- Face in detail.
- Plane of focus.
- Rule of thirds and golden ratio
- Available light photography.
- Strobe photography.
- Removing harsh light.
- Flash brackets.
- Bokeh and blur maximization.
- Histogram reading and image review.
- Post processing.
- Various schools of thought.
- Available software on your OS of choice.
- Ideas on how to improve your processing.
- Business cards.
- Social networking.
- The process from start to finish.
- My equipment.
- Ask the person first.
- Interrupting people.
- Constrained areas.
- Physical activity.
- Help Support This Site
- Editing Tip: Using a game controller to review and cull photos.
- 2015 Botanic Gardens Cosplay
- June Starved Rock Photoshoot
- Motorcycle Model Photoshoots
- Anime Central 2015 Photos
- Getting photos organized into date specific folders.
- RedBull Battlegrounds Detroit 2014
- Anime Central 2014 Photos (ACEN)
- My Photoshop tips when editing cosplay photos.
- Anime Milwaukee 2014 Photos
Category Archives: Video
We recently had a moderately sized meetup at a local garden. One of the photographers there also does videography and decided to put together a video featuring all of the photographers at the event. The videographer is Charles R. and he goes by the handle “Hikikomorisama.” You can see more of his video work here and some of his photography here. Here is the photographer interview on Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=19nHd-NCtlQ I’m … Continue reading
You can see my writeup of the restaurant and food on cvfta.blogspot.com Two friends and I visited another restaurant in the area. This time it was a Japanese style restaurant with various foods like yakisoba, udon, bentos, and sushi. Here is the video I put together (Youtube): For this site I will focus more on the media part of my excursion, you can see more about the restaurant in the … Continue reading
Please view this linked article on cvfta.blogspot.com for my writing on the restaurant and Chinatown in general. Yesterday, I met up with a group of friends to visit Chicago’s Chinatown area of the city. This was the first time I had been there, so I was pretty curious about the place. I decided to bring along two cameras and a backpack. Specifically, the Nikon D7000 and Optio WG-II. I even … Continue reading
You can see my detailed article here where I talk more about the food we ordered. I went to a Mediterranean restaurant with a friend to try a place neither of us had been to and to take some food photos. I brought with me the small yet dependable Pentax Optio WG-II camera for some video and photos. Here is a short video of the experience: We might be doing … Continue reading