Here are my terms regarding the production of videos featuring your item(s). These videos will be published to my YouTube channel and potentially other services such as Facebook Video. I occasionally write articles for my website to go along with the video, but that is not guaranteed.
I will not create Amazon reviews because that is against their terms of service. I do have an list of collaborations on Amazon.com in my “influencer” shop that the item(s) would be listed in if they meet my quality standards.
- If I find some sort of major flaw or defect in the item(s), you will have the option of having one or all of the item(s) returned to you as long as your company pays for packing and shipping costs. In this case, I would not complete the video of the flawed item(s) unless you want to send a replacement. I am taking a risk with my time offering you this, but I want to be reasonable to you and your goal of increasing visibility of your item(s). The same applies to the replacement. In the case of a replacement, that situation will be mentioned in the video. My goal here is to show quality products to my viewers.
- Unless requested by you, the item(s) will stay in my possession after the video is published. If you want the products returned, we can discuss a fee beforehand to offset my production expenses. Each video usually takes multiple days to produce. I will occasionally make exceptions, but you will need to pay for shipping and handling to have the device returned.
- This video will not be considered a review, but rather an exploration of your item(s) in my unique style. That said, the video will include my honest thoughts of what I find good about the item(s) and what can be improved on. I will mention quirks or issues I ran into while using the item(s).
- Any work I produce regarding the item(s) such as videos and photos are copyrighted by me. You can share any of my social media posts I make or share the video link with the related thumbnail and text, but you are not allowed to download and re-post any of it on your social media, website, or any other forms of advertisement such as print without my permission.
- Anything I produce or say is not an endorsement of the item(s) or your company. You are not allowed to use my likeness to promote your products without my permission.
- There is no specific time frame for video production, but usually it takes a month or less. I will keep you updated on progress and will contact you if any issues arise. In the case that I am incapable of producing a video I will make an effort to contact you and return the item(s) to you, but I can’t guarantee anything. There is always the chance of fires, theft, and other circumstances I don’t have control of. Understand that there is some level of risk for you. Here is a playlist of successful collaborations.
- When the video is complete, I will notify you that it has gone live. I will not take the video down unless I made an important technical/specification mistake. If there is something of that nature in the video I will make a reasonable attempt to correct it and will re-edit/upload if necessary. This does not include anything regarding my opinion unless it relates to a feature I didn’t understand properly.
- The video’s description will include my affiliate links to the product(s) such as on Amazon, B&H, and eBay. I will also link your website if desired.
- There is the potential I will talk to my viewers about the item(s) in the future, for good or bad, depending on how the item(s) hold up over time after the original video. So it is in your best interest to send me item(s) you expect to last.
- I make a “best effort” in all of my work, but keep in mind that I ultimately have little control over how popular a video becomes. Some videos turn out to be successful and others do not. I make no guarantees. I will not take or implement your suggestions. My work must be separated from companies that ask to have their item(s) featured because I care about my audience. My goal here is to show them interesting, functional, and useful item(s). The only thing I will do is include a coupon code in the description of the video if you have one available.